- 2E, 4E, 7E-Undecatriene-1-triazene
Triacsin C, an analog of polyunsaturated fatty acid. A potent vasodilator.
Soluble to 25 mM in DMSO (lit)
- Triazene class compound
- Polyunsaturated fatty acid analog.
Classification by bioactivities:
- Arachidonoyl-CoA synthetase inhibitor
- Acyl-coenzyme A synthetase inhibitor
- Inhibits Synthesis of triacylglycerol and phospholipid
- Apoptosis inhibitor
Selectively inhibits arachidonoyl-CoA synthetase in intact cells. Inhibits the nonspecific acyl-CoA synthetase in cell sonicates. Inhibits neutrophil functions. Inhibits lipid synthesis and cell proliferation in Raji lymphoma cells. Induces apoptosis in cancer cell lines and inhibits human lung cancer cell xenograft tumor growth in mice.