Purity by HPLC:
≥90% ; refer to CoA for more data
Purity By TLC:
≥98% ; refer to CoA for more data
Clear colorless solution at 10mg/ml Methanol
Names and identifiers:
- Oligomycin (complex): a macrolide antibiotic that inhibits membrane bound mitochondrial ATPase.
- Oligomycin (complex) is a mixture of A, B, C isomers and other analogs.
- The molecular weight and molecular structure shown on this page, are of Oligomycin A, the major component.
- HPLC shows separately the concentrations of all components. Their ratio is not consistent and may vary from lot to lot. The analysis of the components is brought in CoA of particular lots.
- The three components are also offered as separate products.
Solubility ( literature ):
Dichloromethane, DMSO, Ethanol, Acetone
Chemical class: Macrolide
Bioactivity class: Mitochondrial ATP Synthase Inhibitor
Store in a freezer upon arrival, at -10°C to -25°C
Protect from moisture
Use the original container to store the product.
Avoid exposing to strong direct light.
Other vendors may recommend higher temperatures for storage.
Used as a tool in cytochemistry.
For Research use only
Not for Human or Drug use
Not extracted from humans or animals
Refer to MSDS for further safety and handling instructions
Supply related information
Supply related comments:
Customs: Other Antibiotics-29419000
Customs: Laboratory reagents-38220000