Purity by HPLC:
≥ 97% at 278 nm
Clear colorless solution at 10mg / ml of Methanol
Names and identifiers:
- 2,4-Decadienamide, N-[(1S,5S,6R)-5-hydroxy-5-[(1E,3E,5E)-7-[(2-hydroxy-5-oxo-1-cyclopenten-1-yl)amino]-7-oxo-1,3,5-heptatrienyl]-2-oxo-7-oxabicyclo[4.1.0]hept-3-en-3-yl]-2,4,6-trimethyl-, (2E,4E,6R)- (9CI)
- Manumycin A
RTECS# Not available
Manumycin a is an antibiotic that acts as a selective and vigorous inhibitor of Ras farnesyltransferase.
Solubility ( literature ):
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO;
- Insoluble in water.
- Polyunsaturated Alkylamide
Biological / Pharmacological classification
- Anti-Bacterial Agent
- Enzyme Inhibitor
Store in a freezer upon arrival, at -10°C to -25°C
Protect from moisture
Protect from light !
Keep the lid tightly closed.
Store under argon.
- Some derivates of Manumycin have been reported for their anti-parasitic / anti- protozoal activity.
- An antibiotic with antitumor properties. A cell-permeable potent and selective inhibitor of farnesyltransferase (FTase; IC50 = 5 µM) compared to geranylgeranyltransferase I (GGTase I; IC50 = 180 µM).
- Manumycin acts as a competitive inhibitor of FTase with respect to farnesylpyrophosphate (FPP; Ki = 1.2 µM), but acts as a noncompetitive inhibitor with respect to the Ras acceptor protein. Reported to inhibit the growth and invasive activity of pancreatic cancer cells.
For Research use only
Not for Human or Drug use
Not extracted from humans or animals
Refer to MSDS for further safety and handling instructions