- 2,4-Decadienamide, N-[(1S,5S,6R)-5-hydroxy-5-[(1E,3E,5E)-7-[(2-hydroxy-5-oxo-1-cyclopenten-1-yl)amino]-7-oxo-1,3,5-heptatrienyl]-2-oxo-7-oxabicyclo[4.1.0]hept-3-en-3-yl]-2,4,6-trimethyl-, (2E,4E,6R)- (9CI)
- Manumycin A
RTECS# Not available
Manumycin a is an antibiotic that acts as a selective and vigorous inhibitor of Ras farnesyltransferase. Manumycin may exhibit synergic effects on the Paclitaxel as cytotoxic and antiangiogenetic agents.
- Soluble in methanol or DMSO;
- Insoluble in water.
- Polyunsaturated Alkylamide
Biological / Pharmacological classification
- Anti-Bacterial Agent
- Enzyme Inhibitor
- Some derivates of Manumycin have been reported for their anti-parasitic / anti- protozoal activity.
- An antibiotic with antitumor properties. A cell-permeable potent and selective inhibitor of farnesyltransferase (FTase; IC50 = 5 µM) compared to geranylgeranyltransferase I (GGTase I; IC50 = 180 µM).
- Manumycin acts as a competitive inhibitor of FTase with respect to farnesylpyrophosphate (FPP; Ki = 1.2 µM), but acts as a noncompetitive inhibitor with respect to the Ras acceptor protein. Reported to inhibit the growth and invasive activity of pancreatic cancer cells.